Round one: Champions League – 1992 to present
1) Two Premier League clubs have appeared in one, and one only Champions League season (not including the qualifiers): name them.
Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City
2) Who scored Marseille’s winner in the 1993 final against Milan?
3) Three teams have won the Champions League who never won the European Cup: name two of them.
Marseille, Borussia Dortmund and Chelsea
4) Which player lost in the Champions League final and the European Championships final in 2016?
5) Three players have won the Champions League final with two different clubs in consecutive years: name two of them.
Samuel Eto’o (Barcelona in 2009 and Inter in 2010), Paulo Sousa (Juventus in 1996, Borussia Dortmund in 1997), Marcel Desailly (Marseille in 1993, Milan in 1994)
1) Two teams have won Champions League finals in their own countries: which two?
Juventus (1996, Rome) and Borussia Dortmund (1997, Munich)
2) Who scored Ajax’s goal against Juventus in the 1996 final?
3) What have the following players all achieved in the Champions League: Andriy Shevchenko, Vladimir Jugovic, Didier Drogba, Cristiano Ronaldo?
They’ve all scored the clinching penalty in Champions League final shoot-outs
4) Four managers have won the Champions League with two different clubs: who’s the only one to win it with two different clubs from the same country?
Ottmar Hitzfeld (Borussia Dortmund 1997 and Bayern Munich 2001)
5) Who is the only team to win the Europa League/UEFA Cup and then the Champions League in consecutive years?
Porto – 2003 and 2004 (Chelsea did it the other way around – CL in 2012 and EL in 2013)
Round two: World Cup – 1998 to present
1) Specifically, what do the following venues have in common: Stade de France, Seoul World Cup Stadium, Allianz Arena, Soccer City, Arena de Sao Paulo and the Luzhniki Stadium.
They were the venues for the opening games of the last six World Cups
2) Who won the Golden Glove award for best goalkeeper at the 2018 World Cup?
3) Who was the only English player to score in the penalty shoot-out against Portugal in 2006?
4) When Corentin Tolisso came off the bench in the 2018 final, which record – stretching back to 1982 – was continued?
That Bayern Munich have had at least one representative in every final since 1982
5) Who was named in the Brazil starting XI for the 1998 final in place of Ronaldo, before the team sheet was changed?
1) Argentina were knocked out of the 2006 World Cup in the quarter-finals, but which Argentinean born player won the tournament?
2) Who scored Brazil’s goal in the 7-1 defeat to Germany in 2014?
3) What do Marcel Desailly, Zinedine Zidane and John Heitinga have in common?
They were all sent off in World Cup finals
4) Who missed for France in the penalty shoot-out for the 2006 World Cup final?
5) Who scored Senegal’s winner against France in the opening game of the 2002 World Cup?
Papa Bouba Diop
Round three: General knowledge
1) Which two Premier League teams have been sponsored by Fly Emirates?
Arsenal and Chelsea
2) Who played for Lazio, Sampdoria and Bologna and was Capocannoniere three times in the 1990s?
3) Which club has won the most Women’s Super League titles?
4) From which club did Leeds sign Lucas Radebe?
5) Who scored the first hat-trick in Premier League history?
1) Which two Premier League teams did Sanderson sponsor in the 1990s?
Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday
2) Who is the only ever British player to be Serie A Capocannoniere?
3) Which club has won the most women’s Champions League titles?
4) From which club did Leeds sign Tony Yeboah?
5) Who has scored the most hat-tricks in Premier League history?
You can listen to the latest edition of the Totally Football Show here, and even better you can subscribe here. If you wish to reproduce any of the material in this article or from the podcast you are very welcome to, but please credit The Totally Football Show and include this link.